Sunday, March 1, 2015

Prologue


It's been 12 years. I was 12 years old.


MapleStory first released in South Korea, and globally soon after.
Back then, the only games I was interested in were Counter-Strike and Starcraft: Brood War.

When I first downloaded MapleStory onto my brand new, Windows XP Operated,
five-hundred dollar computer, I did not have any expectations.

I only wanted to try something different.
Something new.



I had zero idea how much entertainment an MMORPG could provide,
and MapleStory completely changed my view on everything as far as gaming was concerned.

And here we are, 2015 and MapleStory 2 is becoming more of a reality than a dream
with each passing day.

I would be lying to you if I said that I was never weary.

After all, topping MapleStory (one of my favorite past time) and even surpassing it
would definitely be somewhat of an extraordinary feat.

If we look back into history, mediums such as movies, books, or video-games always
left us feeling somewhat unsatisfied with each passing sequels.

And undoubtedly, I understand that MapleStory 2 would not be an exception to this.

However, after 13 years of extra content and even after patching "Big-Bang",
the only thing I could ever hope for from all my discontent and dissatisfaction is that...

Nexon, if you dare mess this one up...
I am done. I'm just gonna "grow up" and get a life.



Fortunately, with every news and updates on MapleStory 2, I am starting to feel as if, 
Nexon did not create MapleStory 2 for the sake of creating a sequel, but
instead they created a new game, with new technology ceilings,
(get ready for the best part)
 and with the best things learned from the original MapleStory.

Of course, I may be speaking WAY out of line, since the game is not released,
and I did not even participate in either the Alpha or Beta testing.

But one can only hope.
And while I eagerly wait, I have created this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment